Tuesday, August 30, 2011

DIY Jewelery Storage





When I saw these great jewelery frames, I knew I needed to make one! I love the idea on being able to see my necklaces when getting ready!

One day on a Goodwill trip, I found a nice sized frame (stained a natural color) and these 2 cork boards that fit perfectly in the frame! I spray painted the frame white! And stapled the cork boards together and was ready to upholster!



I found this great gray fabric that I loved, and combined it with some batting. This was my first time upholstering something, and was it easy!


It's not the best finish on the back, but it's the back!




I tried to find cute pins to use to hang my necklaces, but I could not. I ended up using small nails and hot gluing little pearls I bought in the Scrapbook isle.

Here is my finished piece! I have these great little glass scones I hung up in our bathroom that I was not sure what I would put in them, but my really long necklaces look great in them!! You can also see in this picture my storage for my nail polish, an apocrathy jar.





Linked to these parties.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I love that! I need something like this. All of my necklaces are in a pile on a shelf in my closet because my giant jewelry box can't hold them all. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete