Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Geranium Dress

Look at me!! Two posts back to back!! And two sewing projects back to back! That's because last weeks class on the 241 Tote Bag motivated me to start something else. So as soon as I finished my tote bag I immediately started on a Geranium Dress by Made by Rae.

This is at least the third dress I have made with this pattern and it is by far my favorite little girl dress! It is so simple but so cute! 

I used a great Chambray fabric I bought at the Sewcial Lounge.  


For some reason I had such a hard time getting the buttons holes to work on this dress. I did a few test runs and all of my test runs worked perfectly, but when it came to the actual dress every time I tried my machine would jam. SOOOO I decided I wanted to finish the dress so instead I sewed in snaps (REALLY MESSILY) and then sewed the cute orange buttons I intended on using on the back instead. It works. I might go back and make actual button holes, but we will see!


 My little model! I love this dress! I can't wait to start on another one (and hopefully have better lick with my buttons!)

No comments:

Post a Comment